Lost and Found Dogs and Cats in Denver
Your friends at Woof in Boots understand what it’s like to lose a family pet, so we have compiled a list of the best free and paid services to help reunite you with your furry friend as quickly as possible. Scroll down below to see our list of the best resources in the Denver area, that will ensure you are quickly reunited with your lost and found dogs and cats in Denver.
Locating Lost Dogs and Cats with Local Shelters
Many people in Denver will return a lost dog or cat to a Denver-based animal shelter. Below, we have listed several animal shelters throughout Denver who will care for your lost pet until you can be reunited. These facilities have the ability to scan your pet for a chip, and are often proactive in locating you in order for you to be quickly reunited with your lost dog or cat. Please note, that some of these facilities will charge a fee before they release your pet, so please call ahead to inquire of any associated costs.
- Denver Animal Shelter is located just a few miles south of downtown Denver, and is a likely place to find your lost cat or dog.
- Maxfund is located in the Lincoln Park neighborhood and is an excellent resource to help reunite you with your lost cat or dog. There are two separate buildings directly across from one another which house dogs and cats, and are an excellent resource for helping to find your lost pet in Denver. Please note that Maxfund is closed to the public on Tuesday’s.
- Denver Dumb Friends League
Finding Lost Dogs and Cats in Denver with Free Classifieds
There are a multitude of free, web-based classified resources to help locate your lost dog or cat in Denver. Of these local resources, we have found the following sites to be of the greatest value:
- Nextdoor is a free, hyper-local community resource that has been used throughout the Denver-metro area to help reunite hundreds of distraught pet owners with their beloved dog or cat that has gone missing. It only takes a few moments to setup an account, and it will ensure your neighbors are in the know about your lost pet.
- Craigslist has been around for years, and is another invaluable free resource available to lost pet owners. Similar to Nextdoor, the site allows people to quickly search the lost and found classifieds, post pictures, and fill in a description of their lost cat or dog.
- Facebook has a search mechanism that allows users to search for lost and found dogs and cats throughout Denver and the entire State of Colorado. When putting in a search for ‘Lost dog Denver’, a list of links and pages will appear. In addition to utilizing lost pet pages in Denver, we suggest posting your missing pet’s information to local area friends to share across the Denver-metro area when searching for your cat or dog.
Additional Resources to Help Find your Lost Dog or Cat in Denver
In addition to traditional classifieds ads that can help locate your lost cat or dog in Denver, there are a new breed of hybrid pet location services that leverage hyper-local, pet-friendly databases and social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter to help you find your furry friend. We like to think of these services as amber alerts for pets, and yes, they can be very, very effective in increasing the chances that you are reunited with your lost dog or cat in Denver much sooner.
- PawBoost is the web’s largest lost & found pet database, and a company we highly recommend.
The PawBoost platform has a large Facebook following throughout Denver, and alerts are seen by thousands of people every day in the Denver area. It’s free to post a lost or found pet to PawBoost, and for a nominal fee, they will create an ad campaign to help promote your lost pet’s alert to further increase exposure by up to ten times throughout the Denver-metro area on your behalf.
- PetHarbor is a widely used service by many of Denver’s area animal shelters. In addition to being a national service used by Denver’s local lost pet community, this service is unique in that the company allows you to create and ship lost dog or cat postcards directly to area zip codes where your pet has gone missing. We find the service to be reasonably priced, and invaluable in helping get the word out to the local community about your missing dog or cat. Rates to print, address, and mail your missing pet’s postcards in Denver are as follows: